Some matches are made in heaven. One such is Strawberries and Chocolate 🙂 When women are in doubt as to what they should wear, they go with “The Little Black Dress” which always works. Strawberries in Chocolate are the proverbial LBD of cooking.
Here’s 5 ways you can use this combination in your recipes.
- ON ITS OWN AS A NO FUSS DESSERT – This has to be the simplest dessert ever! Two ingredients and you’re all set. The perfect end to any meal, a midnight snack or an instant pick me up when you’re feeling low.
- WITH PANCAKES – Turn that plain savoury pancake into a mouth-watering delicacy by topping it up with chopped strawberries and molten chocolate.
- AS CAKE TOPPING/DECORATION – A simple decoration for a chocolate sponge cake or for a burst of flavour with your cheesecakes, you can do no wrong with strawberries and chocolate. Not only will it taste good, it will also look like a million bucks!
- OVER ICE CREAM – Bored with plain ice cream ? How about some fruit dipped in chocolate syrup for a scrumptious sundae. You could layer them in shot glasses and serve with a sprig of mint as garnish. Or sprinkle some toasted nuts / seeds for crunch.
- WITH YOUR MORNING CORNFLAKES – While this pairing may not be for everyone, it is a unique twist to your breakfast menu.
Is there another way you use this combination in cooking? Leave a comment below and let us know.