Call it Instant Noodles, Maggi, Ramen or by any other name; it will remain the comfort food that can be had by anybody, any time of the day, and any day of the year! Even people with no cooking skills … Continue reading
It’s almost New Year – a time to celebrate. And no celebration is complete without delightful treats !! Speaking of treats, Pizza has always been one of my favourites. This time though, I wanted to try making Pizza from scratch. So I decided to give it a new look. I tried them for the first time and they turned out quite nice. It’s something which I’d make and eat again and again and again !
I would love to take this opportunity and share this recipe with you all. The recipe is as follows:
Pizza Cups (Makes: 7, Preparation Time: 1 hour, Cooking time: 30 minutes)
For the base
1 Cup Refined Flour
1 tsp Yeast Powder
1 tsp Sugar
1/8 cup lukewarm water
½ teaspoon Salt
1 tbsp Refined Oil
- Take lukewarm water and add yeast powder and sugar to it. Sprinkle a little refined flour over the mixture. Set it aside for a while to activate.
- In the meantime mix salt with your Refined Flour.
- When the yeast rises, add it to the flour and knead it into a soft dough by adding water. Also keep adding refined oil little by little to the dough. Cover it with a moist muslin cloth and let it rest in a warm place until your dough doubles in size. Best place is to keep it in the microwave. It usually takes about 40 minutes for it to double in size.
- Take it out and knead it again slightly and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, sprinkle some refined flour on a flat surface and with the help of a rolling pin roll the dough and cut in into 7 small circles. They should be about 3-5 mm thick.
Tip: Do not use hot water for the yeast otherwise it will die and will be of no use.
For the Sauce
2 finely chopped tomatoes
1 finely chopped onion
3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1 deseeded green chilli finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add in garlic, onion and green chilli. Sauté, until onions become soft and transparent. You can add a little salt to quicken the process.
- Next, add in chopped tomatoes, sugar and tomato ketchup. Cook until tomatoes soften up.
For the Filling
1 chopped Tomato (Remove the centre so that you don’t have a gooey filling)
1 chopped Onion
1 chopped Capsicum
3-4 sliced Olives
- Add tomato, onion and capsicum in a bowl along with grated Mozzarella Cheese and mix well. (You can substitute this with a filling of your choice)
For the Pizza Cups
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the muffin tray. Brush it well with Olive Oil (So that the crust becomes crisp).
- Place the dough circles as shown in the picture above.
- With the help of a spoon spread your sauce all around the base and place the filling.
- Top it with some more Mozzarella Cheese and Sliced Olives.
- Place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 250 degrees centigrade and serve.
*Drumroll* Tadaa …Care for a Pizza Slice anyone ?? Oh wait sorry. It’s a Pizza Cup 🙂
Photo Credit : Pridhi