Papads or Papadums are a common sight at the dining tables of Indian Households. Traditionally they may be deep fried or roasted on the open flame. Some people though like to make them on a flat pan with just a … Continue reading
What we love about Summer : Freedom from woollens, Mangoes, Beach Shorts, Cherries, Ice-Cream, Pineapples and Chilled Drinks ! So we thought why not combine the last two Rookie Cook style. What’s that you ask ? Its anything a novice … Continue reading
We’ve all eaten Bananas in their raw form, in ice-cream sundaes, shakes, smoothies and even cakes. But have you tried to cook it like vegetables are cooked in curries ? If not, you’ll probably want to read further. This is … Continue reading
Call it Instant Noodles, Maggi, Ramen or by any other name; it will remain the comfort food that can be had by anybody, any time of the day, and any day of the year! Even people with no cooking skills … Continue reading
Some matches are made in heaven. One such is Strawberries and Chocolate 🙂 When women are in doubt as to what they should wear, they go with “The Little Black Dress” which always works. Strawberries in Chocolate are the proverbial LBD of cooking.
Here’s 5 ways you can use this combination in your recipes.
- ON ITS OWN AS A NO FUSS DESSERT – This has to be the simplest dessert ever! Two ingredients and you’re all set. The perfect end to any meal, a midnight snack or an instant pick me up when you’re feeling low.
- WITH PANCAKES – Turn that plain savoury pancake into a mouth-watering delicacy by topping it up with chopped strawberries and molten chocolate.
- AS CAKE TOPPING/DECORATION – A simple decoration for a chocolate sponge cake or for a burst of flavour with your cheesecakes, you can do no wrong with strawberries and chocolate. Not only will it taste good, it will also look like a million bucks!
- OVER ICE CREAM – Bored with plain ice cream ? How about some fruit dipped in chocolate syrup for a scrumptious sundae. You could layer them in shot glasses and serve with a sprig of mint as garnish. Or sprinkle some toasted nuts / seeds for crunch.
- WITH YOUR MORNING CORNFLAKES – While this pairing may not be for everyone, it is a unique twist to your breakfast menu.
Is there another way you use this combination in cooking? Leave a comment below and let us know.